YIJIN Hardware Custom Parts Machining Processes
In order to complete tasks with high efficiency and high quality, first we will show you YIJIN Hardware custom machining parts standardized workflows to see how each precision part is made from scratch.
- Customer Provides Drawings: The so-called processing must have a basis: drawings or samples. Without these two, processing will be impossible. A complete set of drawings is essential for CNC machining, which can improve the quality of the finished custom CNC parts’ rationality and efficiency, quality, etc.
- Develop Processing Plan According to Drawings: After getting the drawings, our engineers will conduct a detailed analysis and understanding of the mechanism, size, process, etc. of the CNC parts to be processed, and determine what equipment needs to be used for processing.
- Determine the Final Processing Plan: Improve the initially formulated processing plan, select the best processing plan in the differentiation, improve efficiency and production cost, and achieve a win-win situation.
- Make Work Instructions: According to the final selected processing plan, the processing engineering drawings are produced, the pictures are created according to the process, and the parameters such as dimensions and tolerances are inspected, so as to meet the needs of customers and provide convenience for the production staff.
The above is a relatively simple CNC machining process for our customer reference. Although it is just four points, it takes a lot of time and energy in actual operation, especially for some novice engineers or manufacturers who do not have much experience, and the communication process will be more difficult.
What Determines the Cost of CNC Machining？
It is beyond reproach that the advantages of CNC machining methods for some complex parts and special-shaped parts are unmatched by ordinary lathe processing. Under such powerful advantages of CNC machines, CNC machining methods continue to be favored by various entrepreneurs, so let’s talk about the price of CNC machining.
- Materials: Different raw materials and material quality are important factors in determining the cost of the machining parts.
- Tolerance: Fine tolerances can reduce the scrap rate of precision components machining, of course, this also means a higher machining cost.
- Quantity: We all know that custom CNC components need to be programmed before processing. Whether we processing 1 piece or 1000 pieces, the programming time is the same, so batch processing can reduce the programming cost, thereby reducing the overall price.
- Processing Time: This is easy to understand, the longer a CNC part takes to process, the higher the cost of processing will naturally be.
- Delivery Time: In addition to normal orders, we can also see that there are usually some urgent orders that need to be processed. For these urgent orders, more employees need to be coordinated for processing and subsequent delivery. Other orders are naturally one of the costs, or we can simply understand them as expedited fees.
CNC Machining for Aluminum Parts
When it comes to CNC precision parts processing, we have to mention aluminum alloy machining. Aluminum alloy processing accounts for a very large proportion of CNC manufacturing.
For example, a major feature of aluminum alloys is work hardening. During processing, the chamfered angle is large and the contact area formed is small. In addition, the high cutting force in the machining process, combined with the frictional force of the chip flow, these factors will cause the local cutting heat of the tool to be too high.
Then these factors are one of the major reasons that lead to the failure of the precision of CNC machining parts.
Therefore, in order to ensure the quality of precision parts and small rebounds, etc., it is necessary to avoid excessive cutting force. Thin-walled parts often have a tendency to deform under tool pressure, as well as causing chatter, friction, and even tolerance issues.
CNC Machining Sequence
The CNC metal parts with complex structures and high precision are generally processed by CNC machines, so setting a reasonable processing sequence helps to improve and guarantee the machining accuracy and product quality.
- Before machining, the surface of the workpiece must be adjusted to the fine benchmark, which is conducive to the accuracy of the workpiece after processing.
- After completing the finishing datum machining, it is necessary to perform rough machining – semi-finishing – finishing machining on each surface of the workpiece at one time.
- When machining a workpiece with a responsible shape and a larger size, it is necessary to arrange the scribing process first, so that it is convenient to find the benchmark correctly.
- When machining fragile materials or workpieces. Mirror finishing and finishing can be processed first in the front. Other surfaces can be machined later.
The division rules of the CNC machining process should be flexibly controlled according to the quality requirements, structural characteristics, and raw material characteristics of the custom machining parts. Reasonable and orderly division of the machining sequence is beneficial to improving CNC machining efficiency and CNC parts’ quality.
How to Correctly Choose A CNC machining Company for Cooperation?
Parts processing or metal (like Alumnium)rapid prototyping cannot blindly choose cheap materials and CNC machining companies without quality assurance.
- Select the processing raw materials according to the needs of your own precision machining components. If we don’t know the material, choose a machining company with more than 10 years of experience, they will advise on what kind of material to use, and the processing plan)
- It is necessary to choose a CNC machining company that is willing to sign a contract and a confidentiality agreement before cooperation. Avoid leaking we CNC products in advance and causing unnecessary trouble.
- For the CNC machining companies, some custom-machined parts development processes need to go through trial-and-error iterations. In this process, machining manufacturers are required to ensure the processing time.
- Choose a manufacturer with guaranteed after-sales. CNC machining companies with deep experience in the industry, generally, they will be a perfect set of after-sales service.
Before choosing a company, it’s important to consider factors such as cost, turnaround time, and the materials they are able to work with. You should also request quotes from multiple companies to ensure you are getting the best price.