The CNC turning machine tool for pipe threads
The pipe thread lathe has three systems: a. the horizontal lathe with a machining diameter of 400-1,600mm and length of 750-10,000mm; b. the pipe thread lathe with a spindle bore diameter of 130-440 mm; c. various big bore lathes, big head lathes, and dedicated machine tools with a spindle bore diameter of 130-440 mm. This product is widely used for machining in industries like mechanical manufacturing, petroleum, chemical industry, coal, geological exploration and urban water supply & drainage.
The pipe thread lathe usually has a large through hole on its spindle box. After going through the through hole, the workpiece is firmly clamped by the two chunks located on both sides of the spindle for rotational motion. The cutter feed has two modes. One is achieved by the screw rod driving the slide carriage and cutter holder located at the front of the machine tool, same as common lathes. The other is achieved by the male thread cutting head of the flat chaser on the slide carriage located at the lathe center cutting into a workpiece and moving forward with it. (See the automatic opening and closing thread cutting head.) Some lathes for long pipe machining have workpiece supporting units such as central rest, follow rest and rear support.
The pipe thread lathes has partially adopted numerical control. For every round that the workpiece turns, the cutter uniformly moves a distance which is equivalent to the selected thread pitch based on the number of feed pulses. This is very convenient for machining taper threads, change the thread pitch and correct the thread pitch error. This kind of machine tool is capable of machining workpieces with a length up to 15 m and a diameter up to 400 mm. Currently, the diameter of the spindle bore of a pipe thread lathe is mainly 135-500mm, the maximum rotating diameter of a workpiece on the lathe is 630-1,200mm, and the maximum workpiece length is 750-15,000mm.
What technical features does a CNC pipe thread lathe have?
The CNC pipe thread lathe is a professional lathe for pipe machining which is specially designed and manufactured based on the machining requirements of oil delivery pipes, drivepipes, and drill pipes in the petroleum, chemical, and metallurgical industries. It is used to machine various internal and external pipe threads precisely with automatic control by the CNC system, and can also be used as an ordinary CNC lathe to machine excircles, bores, end surfaces and conical surfaces for a workpiece.
Product development advantages of the CNC pipe thread lathe
- This machine tool features high automation, high efficiency, high precision, wide application and easy operation.
- common lathe in China nowadays, the CNC pipe thread lathe is the best of medium-sized CNC lathes.
- The headstock is driven by a variable frequency motor, with stepless speed change. The spindle bearing is from a well-known manufacturer and the three jaw chuck is of a well-known brand in China.
- The CNC system is in modularized design, easy to debug and convenient for repair. High power servo motors are used for both shafts x and z, with advanced performances and high reliability.
- A casting saddle and a casting sliding plate are used, with a reasonable internal rib arrangement. High precision ballscrews with accurate transmission are chosen. An electric tool carrier of a well-known brand in China is selected, with high precision, high rigidity and high reliability.
Material: Stainless Steel 304
Precision: The accuracy requirement is ± 0.002mm, Surface Roughness is Ra0.8-3.2 μm.
Processing: CNC lathe, CNC turning, CNC milling , grinding.
Surface Treatment: There should be no scratches, scratches or other defects on the surface of the parts.
DRW Format: PDF/ DWG/ IGS/ IGES/STEP/STP etc.
Boeing 737 Wide tabletop Component
PMA number is 300009020000108.
Excellent Team – One Stop Service.
Quick Responce– Independent research and development of cam design, hardware processing and production, professional metal coating service.
Quality Assurance -We are the ISO9001:2008 qualified factory, To produce the most precious products for our clients, the machines we use are brands like Damage, Mazak, Toshiba, Citizen etc
Advanced Equipment – Yijin has a variety of professional CNC machining lathes, high-end testing equipment.
Our Service – We Promised，Provide “101” service and maintain long-term strategic partnership with customers.