Product Name: Threaded shaft
Application: Chemical industry
Material: 1.4435 round bar
Threaded Shaft Processing Characteristics
- It is very easy to harden in the process. Because of the large plasticity of stainless steel, the character is distorted during plastic deformation, and the strengthening coefficient is very large; and the Austenite is not stable enough, under the action of cutting stress, part of the Austenite will be transformed into Martensite; in addition, compound impurities are in the cutting Under the action of heat, it is easy to decompose into a diffuse distribution, so that a hardened layer is produced during cutting. The work hardening caused by the previous feed or the previous process seriously affects the smooth progress of the subsequent process.
- Large cutting force. Stainless steel has large plastic deformation during cutting, especially austenitic stainless steel (its elongation is more than 1.5 times that of No. 45 steel), which increases the cutting force. At the same time, the work hardening of stainless steel is serious, and the thermal strength is high, which further increases the cutting resistance, and it is also difficult to curl and break the chips. Therefore, the cutting force for processing stainless steel is large.
- High cutting temperature. The plastic deformation and the friction with the tool during cutting are very large, and the cutting heat is generated. In addition, the thermal conductivity of stainless steel is about 1/2 to 1/4 of that of No. 45 steel. A large amount of cutting heat is concentrated in the cutting area and the tool. On the interface where the chips contact, the heat dissipation condition is poor. Under the same conditions, the cutting temperature of 1.4435 is about 200°C higher than that of No. 45 steel.
Threaded Spindle Processing Technology and Difficulties
Quantity of tool: 7 pcs
Tool Type: 90 ° of external circular knife, 2 mm cutting knife, 55° external thread cutter, ∅ 2 mm center drill, ∅8 mm 90 °drill, ∅3.9mm Water fountain drill, ∅ 4.1 mm end mill.
Threaded Shaft Production Process:
①Coarse and fine turning two outer circles ∅5.2mm, ∅14mm and G3/8 thread outer circle∅16.663mm.
②External thread G3/8 turning.
③Cut off the parts → turn to process deep holes ∅8mm, ∅4.1mm.
Because of the original characteristics of 1.4435, the work hardening is severe, the cutting force is large, and the cutting temperature is high. When processing such small and deep flat-bottomed holes, it is easy to cause the drill to break directly or the parts to be damaged due to untimely cooling and unsmooth chip removal. Therefore, this is also a difficulty in processing this part.
- ∅8mm90°drill bit for processing deep holes ∅8mm.
- ∅3.9mm water jet drilling rough-machined deep hole ∅4.1mm, more effective cooling and chip removal, to the greatest extent clear the bottom of the deep hole ∅4.1mm margin.
- ∅4.1mm end mill for final finishing.
Threaded Shaft Product Display
Thanks for reading. Any questions, click below contact our team member for help.
Click to contact us!